So begins my year in review.
Starting off with the best books I read this year. Personally this year was unique in that I read just about as many (actually more) non-fiction books as I did fiction. A couple years ago I wouldn’t find myself picking up a book about theology or gender, but alas that is what has happened and I’ve been changed because of it.
Tomorrow I’ll hopefully post my favorite films of last year.
But for now here are the top five err six books I read over the course of 2012
- To the Lighthouse by Virginia Wolfe
- The Sun Also Rises by Earnest Hemingway.
- Cat on a Hot Tin Roof by Tennessee Williams
- Paradise by Toni Morrison
- House on Mango Street by Sandra Cisneros
- Life of the Beloved by Henry Nouwen
- Torn: Rescuing the Gospel from the Gays vs. Christian Debate– by Justin Lee
- Why Did Jesus, Moses, the Buddha, and Mohammed Cross the Road by Brian McLaren
- The Evolution of Adam by Peter Enns
- A Year of Biblical Womanhood by Rachel Held Evans
- Healing the Gospel by Derek Flood
Jesus and Non-violence, Everything Belongs, Liberating Tradition, Thirst, The Queer Art of Failure, Long Days Journey Into Night, God and Empire, Junia is Not Alone, Homosexuality and Christian Faith: Questions of Conscience for the Churches, Everything Must Change, Razing Hell.
What were some of your favorites?